Alsace and a Norwegian Cruise
Well, I am off again - and it is never lost on me how lucky/blessed I am to be able to do this travelling. This journey will be about 4 weeks long and take me to Alsace, a much-loved and many times visited region in France near the German border. After that, I will head to Amsterdam where, after a couple of days, I will board an Azamara ship (Quest) for a cruise titled "Norway Intensive". It is 17 days long and, in addition, to visiting 11 ports in Norway and going north to the Arctic Circle, it has two stops in Scotland (Kirkwall, Orkney Islands and Oban) before finishing in Dublin. I will stay there a couple of days before returning home.
I recently found an app called Travel Animator where you can create an animation of your trip. I am not adept at using it yet so the result looks somewhat amateurish; however, it does show my flights, my car journey from Frankfurt to Rhinau in Alsace and back plus the train to Amsterdam. So far, I haven't been able to animate the cruise as the ship just seems to float all over the countryside. I gave up animating that part! Also, the blog limits the size of the file you can upload so I had to make it run quite quickly. However, it will give you some idea.
I am excited about this adventure. Not only about the cruise but also because I will be able to spend time with my close friends in Alsace (the last time I was there was 3 years ago). I will also be visiting one of the few European countries I have never been to: Norway. While I am not particularly a fan of Amsterdam (too many close calls with crazy cyclists on previous visits), that it is where the cruise embarks. I have booked an interesting day excursion to some villages outside of the city which I am keen to see. And, the trip finishes in Dublin, a city I have always enjoyed. So, please follow along if you want to track what I am getting up to. It all starts Monday, June 15th - and now I need to pack!
Comments
Post a Comment