An "Azamazing" Evening
Azamara has two signature events on their cruises of 7 days or more. One is White Night - more about that in an upcoming blog - and the so-called "Azamazing Evening" which gives passengers a cultural experience with local performers. Most times they are held off the ship although sometimes they take place on board. It's been my experience the ones held in a local venue are far superior and the one in Harstad was no exception. It was held in the Harstad Kulturhus which was a short walk (.7 km) from the ship although, like many others, I opted to take the shuttle bus.
| Captain Divo from Dubrovnik and Cruise Director, Jose, from NYC |
We were treated to a concert by Bel Chorus, a men’s choir of, what I thought was, exceptional talent. The program consisted of some Norwegian classics (Okav Tryggvason, The Seal Lullaby, and Pal's Chickens) plus more modern songs such as The Prayer, and You've Got a Friend. One called My Song written by Labi Siffre I found particularly moving for some reason.
The choir also got us to do the Norwegian rowing chant that is done by fans before and after each Norway WC game. After that they sang We are the Champions clearly a Norwegian wish for a WC victory. It was a lot of fun and the choir was really entertaining. You can find the choir on Spotify and YouTube if you want to check them out. Unfortunately, I am limited in the length of videos I can post on this site so can only include snippets of them. However, the ship WIFI at the moment is preventing me from even doing that. So, check them out on a music streaming site if you want to hear a sample of their talent.
Comments
Post a Comment